Blogging has become a popular way for sewers to share projects, find inspiration, learn new techniques, and connect with other creative people around the world. One of the most challenging parts of blogging is just getting started. If you’re interested in creating your own sewing blog, but don’t know where to begin this web seminar is designed for you.
This web seminar recording will introduce the WordPress blog platform and teach you how to set up an account. I’ll share tips I’ve learned along the way for taking appealing photographs as we walk through creating a blog post. You really don’t need expensive camera equipment. With just a smart phone (simple camera), computer, and a little imagination, you can create amazing content, so why not jump on in?
What You'll Learn:
- How to set up an account with Wordpress
- How to select a theme for your blog
- How to upload photos to Wordpress
- The basics of using the Wordpress dashboard
- How to create a post
- How to add widgets to your blog
- Tips for creating appealing project photographs
- Tips for growing your blog audience
Who Should Attend:
- Sewers interested in starting a blog
- Sewers interested in connecting with others that sew around the world
- Sewers interested in creating a record of their projects
- Sewers looking for tips on growing a blog audience
About the Instructor:
Katy Patzel is a research scientist by day sewing extraordinaire by night. With over fifteen years of sewing experience Katy began the sewing blog Katy & Laney
with close friend Ashley Laney. Since Katy & Laney has been featured on many social media platforms and popular blogs including Burdastyle, Kollabora, Grainline studio, and Buzzfeed. In addition to blogging Katy can be found teaching sewing classes at Greys Fabric and Notions in Boston.